The Retail Committee performs the following specific functions:
1. Review all proposals for new retail activities (including those suggested for inclusion in new buildings) and advise on appropriateness, financial viability, location (or adjacency) issues, and congruence with the Final Report UCSD Retail Services Study by Economic Research Associates, completed in 2004 (“Study”) as the Campus evolves.
2. For existing retail and commercial space:
- Review proposed major expansions of operation or facility, or change in use or tenant for congruence with Study and financial viability.
3. For stand alone pads (ATMS, coffee carts, etc.):
- Review proposed sites for congruence with Study;
- Review for potential negative impacts of existing retail operations resulting from new adjacencies.
4. Identify opportunities for new retail activities, and make recommendations for campus retail tenant mix.
5. Receive reports on retail development in the surrounding retail community and the potential impacts on the campus’ retail activities.
6. Monitor retail industry trends in services and business terms.